About Me

My photo
I have been married to my wife and hero (Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor) Stacy for 23 years. We have raised three awesome son's. Together Stacy and I have learned that true love can ONLY be tested through time. True Love is tested through hardships, boredom, and pain. True love has to whether through life's busyness, while withstanding the pressures of Job, family, and home, middle and old age. You determine whether the LOVE you have is true over time. Respect each other,encourage each other, and serve each other minute by minute, hour by hour...As time alone will tell!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Daily Word

For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers, saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.” And again, “I will put my trust in Him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children God has given me.” Hebrews 2:11-13. Jesus (he who sanctifies) makes His people holy through His blood. Jesus’ true followers (those who are sanctified), who are made holy by His sacrifice. Some commentators think one source is a reference to the common humanity shared by Jesus and those being saved, or to their common descent from Abraham. Others think that the “one source” is God the Father (that is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers). Since they share a descent (or, since God is their common Father), they are members of the same family, and therefore brothers. Psalm 22, from which vs.12 quotes, is associated with Jesus death and resurrection. The resurrected Messiah, his suffering completed, calls His brothers to join with him in worship. Both this verse and Matt. 26:30 speak of Jesus singing, but here the congregation in view is the assembly of all the redeemed in heaven. Think about it for a moment, and be reminded that everywhere you turn to before you look to Jesus is a “source.” How many “sources” do you have and how many do you go through before you finely turn to Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment