About Me

My photo
I have been married to my wife and hero (Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor) Stacy for 23 years. We have raised three awesome son's. Together Stacy and I have learned that true love can ONLY be tested through time. True Love is tested through hardships, boredom, and pain. True love has to whether through life's busyness, while withstanding the pressures of Job, family, and home, middle and old age. You determine whether the LOVE you have is true over time. Respect each other,encourage each other, and serve each other minute by minute, hour by hour...As time alone will tell!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Daily Word

For it has been reported to me by Chloe’s people that there is quarrelling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or” I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.” 1 Corinthians 1:11-12. Reported means to “show,” “make clear,” or “reveal” something. Chloe’s people may have done this by oral report. Chloe’s identity and her location are unknown, as well as whether these “people” are friends, business associates, family, or from her household. Apparently the Corinthian were divide into factions on the basis of who baptized them. Paul new Apollos well. His rhetorical skills were impressive, and the Corinthian Christians had received him gladly after Paul’s departure. Cephas is the Aramaic equivalent of the name Peter, and both names refer to Peter the apostle. Unlike Paul, Cephas was married and had traveled to Corinth with his wife. Apparently one faction in Corinth, claiming to be above it all, took the slogan “I follow Christ.” Many today carry on in the same manner when they talk about which church they attend, or which denomination they belong to. The truth is, in Christ we are of one body…the body of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment