About Me

My photo
I have been married to my wife and hero (Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor) Stacy for 23 years. We have raised three awesome son's. Together Stacy and I have learned that true love can ONLY be tested through time. True Love is tested through hardships, boredom, and pain. True love has to whether through life's busyness, while withstanding the pressures of Job, family, and home, middle and old age. You determine whether the LOVE you have is true over time. Respect each other,encourage each other, and serve each other minute by minute, hour by hour...As time alone will tell!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Daily Word

I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. The very commandment that promised life proved to be death for me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment deceived me and through it killed me. So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. Romans 7:9-12. He was alive, not in the sense of having a spiritual life, but in his own estimation. Knowing the law, which promised life for obedience, made Paul realize that law-keeping was required. Trying to obey it made him realize that inwardly, in the desires of his heart he was constantly breaking the law even before he knew it, and when he saw what he was doing he couldn’t stop it. Paul writes that sin, the anti-God, anti-law driving force within him, “deceived me and…Killed me.” He became convinced that spiritually he was lifeless and lost. In itself the marks out a path that guarantees God’s favor and humanity’s happiness. But where sin reigns, the law brings only misery and death. The law reflects Gods character (holy); it is the objective norm for humanity’s covenantal response to God (righteousness); and it is beneficial for each one of us personally, since we have been created in God’s image (good). Chew on this one several times today!

No comments:

Post a Comment