About Me

My photo
I have been married to my wife and hero (Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor) Stacy for 23 years. We have raised three awesome son's. Together Stacy and I have learned that true love can ONLY be tested through time. True Love is tested through hardships, boredom, and pain. True love has to whether through life's busyness, while withstanding the pressures of Job, family, and home, middle and old age. You determine whether the LOVE you have is true over time. Respect each other,encourage each other, and serve each other minute by minute, hour by hour...As time alone will tell!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Daily Word

For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have a desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil is close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Romans 7:15-23. Paul is able to analyze, but not to explain the contrast between himself and the “sin that dwells within me.” There is a real and bewildering conflict between the energies of sin and of the grace in his life. He hints, however, that the indwelling sin is a temporary lodger in him. While sin still accompanies his new identity in Christ in his life, the new identity will result in the final triumph over indwelling sin. Today, spend some time to truly grasp who you are in Christ. The flesh is full if sin but triumph over it is both promised and assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment