About Me

My photo
I have been married to my wife and hero (Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor) Stacy for 23 years. We have raised three awesome son's. Together Stacy and I have learned that true love can ONLY be tested through time. True Love is tested through hardships, boredom, and pain. True love has to whether through life's busyness, while withstanding the pressures of Job, family, and home, middle and old age. You determine whether the LOVE you have is true over time. Respect each other,encourage each other, and serve each other minute by minute, hour by hour...As time alone will tell!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Daily Word

I am speaking the truth in Christ- I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit- that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh. Romans 9:1-3. Here Paul himself now accounts for rejection by most of his fellow Jews. Scripture nowhere defines “conscience.” Here, Paul clearly thinks of it as self-awareness informed by divine revelation. Paul is taking a lawful oath to swear to his sincerity. Although Paul is an apostle to the Gentiles, he echoes the sentiments of Moses in the face of the unbelief of the Jews. They are his own countrymen and he agonizes over them. To be willing to suffer God’s curse for them is a strong statement of love. So many Christians today are too caught up in themselves seeking only that which God can do for them. Never giving any real thought to those living the world around them except to point out their sin. When was the last time you held sorrow or your heart anguished over those dead in sin around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment